Sunday, July 17, 2011

BFI Film Classics - Star Wars



Well I have to admit to wonder why I purchased this book...

It was a fascinating read and I wanted to watch Star Wars again.  The 'traditions' associated with Star Wars were not something that I picked up - well I have the Star Wars Monopoly  and the wide screen release on DVD but NOT the original anymore... okay i may be a little geeky.

The level of thought that was put into this study of Star Wars was not something that I thought would be interesting BUT i was wrong - the study links other films to Star Wars and the study of how the Empire was filmed and how the Rebels were filmed were fascinating.

Then to read about how George Lucas fully embraced the Rebels and then recognised the allure of the Empire and the organisation that it would give him the authoritarian position that he craved as a Director of a movie were fascinating - I need to watch Star Wars again and also the documentary 'Empire of Dreams'.


No comments:

Post a Comment